More cancer research leads to better information. Our work is published in peer-reviewed medical journals and publications, as well as in periodicals for the general public.
Here is a list of various research publications from Dr. Stephen Lemon, which include work published in journals or book chapters, as well as news articles.
- Coon SK, Burris R, Coleman EA, Lemon SJ. An analysis of telephone interview data collected in 1992 from 820 women who reported problems with their breast implants to the food and drug administration. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2002. 109:2043-51.
- Microsatellite instability and expression of MLH1 and MSH2 in normal and malignant endometrial and ovarian epithelium in hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer family members. Ichikawa Y, Lemon SJ, Wang S, Franklin B, Watson P, Knezetic JA, Bewtra C, Lynch HT. Cancer Genet. Cytogenet. 1999. 112:2-8.
- Hughes C, Lynch H, Durham C, Snyder C, Lemon S, Narod S, Fulmore C, Main D, Lerman C. Communication of BRCA1/2 test results in hereditary breast cancer families. Cancer Res. Therapy Control. 1999. 8:51-59.
- Boyd J, Rhei E, Federici M, Borgen P, Watson P, Franklin B, Karr B, Lynch J, Lemon S, Lynch HT. Male breast cancer in the hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer
- syndrome. Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 1999 Jan;53(1):87-91.
- Lin K, Shashidharan, Thorson A, Ternent C, Blatchford G, Christensen M, Watson P, Lemon S, Franklin B, Karr B, Lynch J, Lynch H. Cumulative incidence of colorectal and extracolonic cancers in MLH1 and MSH2 mutation carriers of hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer. J Gastrointest Surg 1998 Jan-Feb;2(1):67-71.
- Lynch H, Lemon S, Lynch J, Casey M. Hereditary gynecologic cancer. Cancer Treat Res 1998;95:1-102.
- Lerman C, Hughes C, Lemon SJ, Main D, Snyder C, Durham C, Narod S, Lynch HT. What you don’t know can hurt you: adverse psychologic effects in members of BRCA1-linked and BRCA2-linked families who decline genetic testing. J Clin. Oncol. 16:1650-1654, 1998.
- Watson P, Lin KM, Rodriguez-Bigas MA, Smyrk T, Lemon S, Shashidharan M, Franklin B, Karr B, Thorson A, Lynch HT. Colorectal carcinoma survival among hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal carcinoma family members. Cancer 83:259-266, 1998.
- Lin KM, Shashidharan M, Ternent CA, Thorson AG, Blatchford GJ, Christensen MA, Lanspa SJ, Lemon SJ, Watson P, Lynch HT. Colorectal and extracolonic cancer variations in MLH1/MSH2 hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer kindreds and the general population. Dis. Colon Rectum 41:428-433, 1998.
- Lynch HT, Lemon SJ, Karr B, Franklin B, Lynch JF, Watson P, Tinley S, Lerman C, Carter C. Etiology, natural history, management, and molecular genetics of hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer (Lynch Syndromes): genetic counseling implications. Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 6:987-991, 1997.
- Evans S, Lemon SJ, Deters CA, Fusaro RM, Lynch HT. Automated detection of hereditary syndromes using data mining. Comput. Biomed. Res. 30:337-348, 1997.
- Lemon SJ, Tinley ST, Fusaro RM, Lynch HT. Cancer risk assessment in a hereditary cancer prevention clinic and its first year’s experience. Cancer 80(suppl):606-613, 1997.
- Lynch HT, Tinley ST, Lynch J, Vanderhoof J, Lemon SJ. Familial adenomatous polyposis: discovery of a family and its management in a cancer genetics clinic. Cancer 80(suppl):614-620, 1997.
- Lynch HT, Fusaro RM, Lemon SJ, Smyrk T, Lynch J. Survey of cancer genetics: genetic testing implications. Cancer 80(suppl):523-532, 1997.
- Lynch HT, Lemon SJ, Durham C, Tinley ST, Connolly C, Lynch J, Surdam J, Orinion BS, Slominski-Caster S, Watson P, Lerman C, Tonin P, Lenoir G, Narod S. A descriptive study of BRCA1 testing and reactions to disclosure of test results. Cancer 79:2219-2228, 1997.
- Hall K, Teneriello M, Taylor R, Lemon SJ, Ebina M, Linnoila I, Norris H, Park RC, Birrer M. Analysis of k-ras, and MDM2 in uterine leiomyomas and leiomyosarcomas. Gynecol Oncol 65:330-335, 1997.
- Lynch HT, Lemon S, Smyrk T, Franklin B, Karr B, Lynch J, Slominski-Caster S, Murphy P, Connolly C. Genetic counseling in hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer: an extended family with MSH2 mutation. Am. J. Gastroenterology. 91:2489-2493, 1996.
- Fusaro RM, Lemon SJ, Lynch HT. The Muir-Torre syndrome: a variant of the hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer syndrome. J. Tumor Marker Oncology. 11:19-31, 1996.
- Lerman C, Narod S, Schulman K, Hughes C, Gomez-Caminero A, Bonney G, Gold K, Trock B, Main D, Lynch J, Fulmore C, Snyder C, Lemon SJ, Conway T, Tonin P, Lenoir G, Lynch HT. BRCA1 testing in families with hereditary breast-ovarian cancer: a prospective study of patient decision-making and outcomes. JAMA. 275:1885-1892, 1996.
- Lynch HT, Smyrk T, Kern SE, Hruban RH, Lightdale CJ, Lemon SJ, Lynch JF, Fusaro LR, Fusaro RM, Ghadirian P. Familial pancreatic cancer: a review. Seminars in Oncology. 23:251-275, 1996.
- Coleman EA, Coon SK, Thompson PJ, Lemon SJ, DePuy RS. Impact of silicone implants on the lives of women with breast cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum. 22:1493-1500, 1995.
- Houn F, Bober MA, Huerta EE, Hursting SD, Lemon SJ, Weed DL. The association between alcohol and breast cancer: popular press coverage of research. Am. J. Public Health. 85:1082-1086, 1995.
- Coleman EA, Lemon SJ, Rudick J, Depuy RS, Feuer EJ, Edwards BK. Rheumatic disease among 1167 women reporting local implant and systemic problems after breast implant surgery. J. Women’s Health. 3:165-177, 1994.
- Lemon SJ, Sienko DG, Alguire PC. Physicians’ attitudes toward mandatory workplace urine drug testing. Arch. Intern. Med. 152:2238-2242, 1992.
- Thompson TC, Izmirlian G, Lemon SJ, Truhlar DG, Mead CA. Consistent analytic representation of the two lowest potential energy surfaces for Li3, Na3, and K3. J. Chem. Phys. 82:5597-5603, 1985.
Lynch HT, Lemon SJ, Marcus JN, Lerman C, Lynch J, Narod S. Breast cancer genetics: heterogeneity, molecular genetics, syndrome diagnosis, and genetic counseling. In Bland KI and Copeland EM (eds) The Breast. Comprehensive Management of Benign and Malignant Diseases. Second Edition. pp. 370-394, Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders Company. 1998.
Tinley ST, Lemon SJ, Lynch HT. Genetic risk assessment and counseling. In Dollinger M, Rosenbaum EH, and Cable G (eds) Everyone’s Guide to Cancer Therapy. How Cancer Is Diagnosed, Treated, and Managed Day to Day. Third Edition. pp. 291-301, Kansas City, MO: Andrews McMeel Publishing. 1997.
Lemon SJ, Sabichi AL, Birrer MJ. Genetic alterations in lung cancer. In: C. Garrett and S. Sell (eds.), Cellular Cancer Markers, pp. 209-229, Totowa, NJ: Humana Press. 1995.
Teneriello MG, Hall KL, Lemon SJ, Nash JD, Birrer MJ. Genetic alterations in gynecologic cancers. In: S. Srivastava, S.M. Lippman, W.K. Hong, and J.L. Mulshine, (eds.), Early Detection of Cancer: Molecular Markers, pp. 97-119, Armonk, NY: Futura Publishing Company, Inc. 1994.
Womens Edition, Oncology Associates – Personalized Patient Care by Jackie Byers.
Omaha World-Herald Exercise eases cancer fatigue By Byran Redemske October 20, 2010